Saturday, December 31, 2016

If I could think of a title, it would go right here

This isn't much of a year-end post, I admit.  I'm not one for setting goals, and I never make resolutions.  (My last New Year's Resolution was years ago - it was to never make another New Year's Resolution, and it's been the only one I've ever managed to keep.)
That being said, I'm trying to get a little bit more organized by investing in some bins.  And some labels.  (I'm told that labels are very important for organizing.  I'm testing it out and will report back later.)


The monkeys said that bright light hurts their eyes, so they prefer to live in the shoebox.  Privately, I suspect they just like to plot their shenanigans out of sight.  I'm willing to play along, but if they get too rowdy, I'm getting the duct tape.
Most of the blocks I made for RSC2016 will continue into RSC2017 - the Jacks & Sixes, the Buckeye Beauties, the Whatchacallit Star, the Rainbow Regatta wee ships, and Chantal's Pinwheels.  I'm also making Centennial stars, which caught my fancy in October and clamored to be included.  Since I'd planned to stop making piglets after Higgledy Piggledy was done, I figured I could add another block to my rainbow tsunami.  But, I'm probably going to just keep on making piggies, since I have almost enough left over to make another quilt anyway, and besides, I'd miss making the little rascals every month.
And my beloved Kaleidoscopes...


Angela says purple is the color for January, so since I have all those purples out for En Provence anyway, I decided to go ahead and make a purple kaleidoscope.
So, this is either the first block of RSC2017, or the last block of RSC2016.  Tough call.

Linking with So Scrappy for ScrapHappy Saturday.  Come see all the fun!
And that kaleidoscope means I can link to Kaleidoscopes of Butterflies over at Sane, Crazy, Crumby Quilting.  Come see!



19 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Oh, mercy, Gayle!! You caved to the naughty Monkey blocks. They've got you snowed!!

Good luck with all those other projects... so many that I can't even name them all. Wishing you a super SCRAPPY New Year!!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

I'd be a little worried about those Monkeys requesting darkness... are you sure they aren't Gremlins? Make sure you don't get them wet.... and don't feed them after midnight, whatever you do!

Happy New Year! Looking forward to another year of your quilty creations

Chantal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
scraphappy said...

I can only imagine all the shenanigans going on in those boxes. Looking forward to seeing some of them come out to play in the new year.

Chantal said...

When I saw the title in my blogger reading list I knew this post was from you. You crack me up girl, big time!! You are calling for a lot of rainbows in 2017. I'm glad to hear that because I love your rainbow quilts. Will you make the layout of the next piglets the same? Oh Wait! Maybe you should deal with the monkeys first because ... well, you know ... you don't know what they are plotting in there!! (??) I wish a very merry New Year, with plenty of loved ones around you along with scraps, joy, good health, pleasant surprises, peace and piece, not to mention fabric and full bobbins! ;^)
P.S. I deleted my comment because of a typo which changed the sentence to something incoherent. :^D (Hopefully, my last blooper of the year!)

Libby in TN said...

I notice you put the monkeys in a solid box so they can't get any ideas from the other reprobates in your collection. Keep on scrappin' Girlfriend!

Sally Trude said...

And don't forget to have a bin labeled cat. That one should be left open to hold any quilting assistants that might show up. And I look forward to following YOUR shenanigans in the new year...

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I wish I had labeled my boxes of projects. You have so many great projects going on!

Happy New Year!

Mystic Quilter said...

I'm pleased to read that you'll be carrying some of your projects over into RSC 2017 - long live monkeys and piglets!
Happy New Year!

PaulaB quilts said...

Your labeled boxes are so very impressive. But suppose those monkeys get out and switch labels on you at night? You e got a great list planned. I'm also ready with my purples and will make my Folded Box the first thing. Have a Happy New Year!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That must be the problem with my bins - no labels! I'll get right on that! A box for the monkeys also sounds like a very good idea - it will probably keep them in line. I will join you in a resolution and goal free New Year, except for one thing - I resolve to have lots more scrappy quilting fun!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Great post -- I love my bins and labels but this year I hope to get more of them emptied with their contents USED. Happy stitching!!!

Ann said...

This is a great time to organize and clear boxes help a lot. I'd worry about hidden monkeys, though. Thanks for limywith Kaleidoscope of Butterflies.

Kate said...

Organization will be on tap for me as well this week. Hope your plan works out, mine always seems to need adjustment. Looking forward to seeing all your RSC blocks this year. I'm glad you are going to continue the piggies, I really enjoy seeing each new one.

Eat Sleep Quilt said...

I bought a lot of bins over time, to corral my fabric. I found that I was slowly starting to buy more fabric "because now I have more room" - ouch! As for organizing, I've been trying to sort by color within the bins; it's an ongoing process but it's a step toward organization.

Katie Z. said...

You're going to have some fabulous quilts! Great blocks and storage.

Janie said...

It's always fun over here!
Nice kaleidoscope block and I'm jealous of your bins.

Monica said...

Isn't it funny how we keep finding a use for the fabrics at hand? It makes for some interesting cross-pollination! Your kaleidoscopes will be great together.

Cathy said...

Organization? What the heck is that?

And beloved kaleidoscopes for sure!