Thursday, March 17, 2016

We now return to our regularly scheduled programming

We hope.
I was gratified to find that what I'd thought was an SD card slot on the front of the tower in the picture of the computer when I ordered it, did indeed turn out to be exactly that.  That was a feature that I had missed from my computer-before-last.  (I've had my issues with card readers in the last couple of years...)  (Apparently I am a serial killer of card readers.)  (Not purposely.)  (Of course.)

Now let's see if I can upload pictures...


Woohoo!  That worked!  It's a picture of Garden Party with borders.  And sunbeams.


And here's a close-up without sunbeams.

If luck is with me, I'll be basting this orange wonder tomorrow.
Experimentation with machine quilting will commence as soon as I feel sufficiently courageous. 
Somebody cover me...


8 comments:

amy said...

Gorgeous! It's going to cheer up any room it's in!

Jennie in GA said...

Not normally a fan of orange, but that is really nice. Congrats on getting the computer up and going without any assistance. I am impressed.

SandraC said...

What a happy quilt to be working on with the onset of Spring!

Libby in TN said...

Just curious -- is it easier/better to use a card reader? I just use a USB connector, although my little cheap Sony camera has WiFi (never tried it). Of course, my cheap little camera is probably why I take lousy pictures ....

Love the quilt BTW.

Chantal said...

This is such a magnificent quilt. It always brings a smile to my face. Gorgeous. You managed the new computer all by your lonesome so you can do machine quilting. I have faith in you! Go girl! ;^)

Jo said...

Love the orange. You make me think I don't have enough orange in my stash.....

kmkat said...

I remember Garden Party -- it makes me smile!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Oh yeah, none of us mean to be serial killers. It just happens. I'll cover for you, don't worry. This is a gorgeous quilt - I love all the orange.