Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Kaleidoscopes, orange peels, and a brain full of snot...

Welcome to March.  I got hit late last week with a horrific cold, so most of my time is being spent coughing uncontrollably and blowing my nose, which makes it hard to do any coherent... well... anything
I've started assembling the next row of Quilty 365, working right to left across the top.


I ran out of steam getting the last blocks actually stitched, but at least the fabrics are chosen and cut and everything's ready to go.  You'll notice there's bacon for the 28th fabric, and the March 1st orange peel is in the new RSC colors of purple with yellow.
The interesting thing is that the March 1st block is going to be right next to the February 1st block.  Twenty-nine days made a complete lap around.  Whoda thunk?



And in the kaleidoscope realm, how could I resist a bacon block?


It was the last block of February for my calmer gentler kaleidoscope project.


I need to catch up the corners on these blocks.  I just didn't have the brain power to tackle it today.

My other kaleidoscope - the one that grabs me by the scruff of the neck and drags me back and forth through my stash - is now at this stage.


Now, this one, I'm not doing corners until the end.  I've seen all kinds of creative treatments for those empty spots, so I'm leaving my options open until all blocks are made.






Say goodnight, kaleidoscope.  I'm about ready to go lie down, myself.

But first, I'm linking to Quilty Folk for the Quilty 365 March linkup, and with Sane, Crazy, Crumby Quilting for Kaleidoscopes of Butterflies.





16 comments:

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Love your 2nd Kaleidoscope version, colourful combos!

Ann said...

What fun. I'm so glad I'm not the only one making second (and third) kaleidoscopes. Love the bacon fabric. I hope you get better soon.

audrey said...

I can see that the kaleidoscope quilts are super addictive! Wonderful to see your orange peel blocks coming along too.:) I know it's not nearly as interesting! lol

Libby in TN said...

With yellow as the RSC accent, I expect to see some bananas in your kaleidoscope blocks this month!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Hope you get to feeling better soon! Your kaleidoscope blocks look great.

Linda said...

That is such a miserable feeling. Your orange peels are so pretty. Love that bacon block!

Kate @ Smiles From Kate said...

Your kaleidoscope blocks are very effective but I do like orange peels, another on my wish list.

Smiles from
Kate

Quilting Babcia said...

Both of your projects are looking great. I'm thinking the kaleidoscope blocks could become very addictive. Hope you feel better soon.

Marle said...

I like your orange peels very much and I´m going to try those too.

Teje said...

Hi Gayle! I love your orange peels! x Teje

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

All three projects look great. I hope you feel better soon.

kmkat said...

Feel better soon!

Mystic Quilter said...

Seeing your new start kaleidoscope has reminded me of the link-up!!! They are very addictive aren't they and I like your new one, hope you feel better soon.

Cathy said...

Get well soon! I didn't know you had TWO kaleidoscope quilts going. Good for you. I've seen some quilts with corners left until the end but w/o a design wall I'm not sure I would be able to remember where everything goes. There are so many ways to make kaleidoscope quilts so how many do you think you will try?

Wanderingcatstudio said...

hope you're feeling better soon!

Vic in NH said...

Shall I drive to New York to slap the snot out of you? Ugh! What a horrible expression that is. Anyway, I hope you get well soon! Great blocks, too! The bacon fabric is the bomb!