Sunday, December 27, 2015

Surfacing from the wrapping paper

I think we've finally finished celebrating the holidays.  The last gift is given, the last brunch is digested, the last relative has been hugged and kissed goodbye and wished safe journey to.
As things approach what passes for normal around here, I'll leave you a couple of pictures of some of my sewing that's no longer a secret.
Here's the beer bucket that I made for younger daughter.  (You may remember the one I made for older daughter, which inspired enough envy that I had to make another one.  I was happy to oblige.)
Younger daughter is a fan of colors bright and happy, so I picked out fabrics that would suit her.


Here's a view from the top -


and here it is with the removable lining removed.  Because removable.


 In this form it's perfect for hauling growlers, and with the lining unit in place it's a bottles transporter.  I was very pleased that she was very pleased!

And here's what I did with one of the piglet blocks that make me so happy...


A little cotton batting quilted in place and a layer of insul-bright make a happy piggly-wiggly trivet.
I used up all my piglet blocks for gifts, though, so now I'm going to have to make more to replace them.
Oh, shucky darn...


And since I used actual scraps for all these projects, I'm linking with Oh Scrap at Quilting is more fun than Housework.  Come see what we're all up to, here at the end of the year!


5 comments:

Vic in NH said...

Nice work on those gifts! And that beer bucket looks like many hours of assembling, so no wonder you're proud of it!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

It is always nice when your work is in demand. That is a great beer bucket. And the little piggy is pretty cute too!

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

The beer buckets are wonderful, I can imagine what a hit they are. Love the little pig.

Cathy said...

What an awesome beer bucket! Love the fabric choice.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Those piggies are just too cute.
During my purge I got rid of some truly hideous placemats (from my MIL), and I'm thinking some quilted ones might just be in order... the question now is, piggies or kitties?