Monday, April 30, 2012

The flutter of Wingspan

When I first cast on for this scarf/shawlette, I was a little worried about how much yarn I had - would it be enough?  The skein of Marks and Katten Fame Trend says it contains ca 420 meters, which sounds like plenty in the face of the 330-425 m that the original pattern calls for.  But I was pretty sure I was going to want it longer, with more triangles. 
Ah, I thought.  If that turns out to be the case, I'll just frog and reknit with fewer stitches, which would make it end up narrower and longer.  No problem.

But then, this:


The color transitions are happening perfectly...  It's as if the yarn was made for the pattern.  There'll be no frogging here - whatever I get, I get.

Now why is it that, even when a plan is working perfectly, it still bites me on the ass?


7 comments:

kmkat said...

Marks & Katten is perfect for that pattern -- so soft. Love your colors, too. If you run out, just live with it :-)

Erika said...

Wow, that really is amazing! I'm jealous - my transitions are about 110% as wide as my triangles, so it's all just a little bit off. Curses!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

It's so pretty!

Bullwinkle said...

I suddenly find myself on a search for Marks & Katten - just to feel it. Lovely colors. :) excellent transitions. About now I'd start to knit really slowly in fear of running out of yarn before I was done knitting.

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful so far. I can't wait to see it finished.

Lanea said...

Oh my goodness, now I need to make one. See what you've done? I need neither yarn nor a shawl nor another item on my to-do list.

Laurie said...

Nice! Where do you get that yarn? I'm looking for a scarf pattern that uses that yarn...but can't find it. Maybe they will have scarf pattern available.