Saturday, March 3, 2012

84 pictures later...

I still can't get it right.  If I get the color right, the focus is off.  If I get focus, the color and/or brightness suck rocks.
I've tried every setting on the damn camera, and this is the best I can do...


Merino Angora Silk - done!  (I wish this photo did justice to AnnaMarie's lovely fiber...)
3 oz - 1145 yds.
Enough laceweight to knit a shawl, if I ever finish any of the shawls I've already got in progress.  (Trying not to think about Maplewing and Lyra.  And the Feather Duster that I want to make out of the merino/tencel I spun a couple of years ago.  Shhh....)

Hey, look!  I finished something!

(And psssst - last day to enter the guess the lamb contest...  Come on, lurkers - you know you want to!)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know what's off on that picture, but all of it looks gorgeous! It's going to make a yummy shawl!

Erika said...

It's soooooo pretty! I am in awe!

margene said...

hjj

margene said...

Oops, trying to make the comments work. Blogger can be a pain sometimes.
Your handspun is beautiful and the picture shows the sheen of the silk, if not the true color. Beautiful and awesome!

gayle said...

...test...

Wanderingcatstudio said...

It's very pretty!

gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

It's beautiful!
Try setting your camera to automatically underexpose by a half stop.Or more.

Bullwinkle said...

Lovely stuff - great sheen. And finished. (Hey - what more could you ask for?)

Unknown said...

Hi! I'm not sure whether you accept 'blog awards' or not, but I just wanted to let you know that I left you one at my blog :) http://heyitschantelle.blogspot.com/2012/03/they-love-me-they-really-love-me.html