Sunday, October 2, 2011

Best Festival Ever

Well, it did rain. And we did slog through mud. And more mud. And even more mud, since it rained all day yesterday, too.

But.

Here's the official clue list:

1. I spent more money than I ever have before at a festival. (As a matter of fact, I think I spent more money than I did if you added together every festival I've ever been to...)

2. The back of my car is full of smelly stuff. (Again.)

3. We had to explain the "Sheep can't call Shotgun" rule. (No, not even rams.)

Figured it out yet?

Meet the newest member of the Mangofeet Menagerie:

This is Orion, a registered Shetland ram.
He's a sweetheart - took the ride home like a trooper (though he blatted less once the windows fogged up and he couldn't see outside. I don't think he'd ever been for a ride in a Subaru before...) and has started to settle in with the other sheep.
Notice how everyone's eyes lit up when they saw each other:

Actually, I had to give up on the picture taking. It was dusk by the time we got home, and pouring down rain, to boot. Most of the pictures were blurry, had glowing eyes, or both.
I did get one good one:
Notice how Orion is already chatting up the lovely Miss Goldie. We have high hopes for lambs this spring...

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Romance in the barnyard! Foreplay in the pasture!

Dorothy said...

I laughed so hard at this! And to think I mostly carry groceries in the back of my Subaru. He is adorable and obviously extremely well behaved. Can't wait to see little lambs!

quantumtea said...

Love his horns, he looks gorgeous!

Becky said...

Hey, congratulations on the newest member of the family! He's a handsome boy!

Bullwinkle said...

First: Did you put a tarp down?? (And are/were the pullets in their designated spot?)

Love his horns. Looking forward to lambs ( :) yay! wee bouncing lambs!)

And, yes, that beats all fiber festival purchases for me.

BeckyinVT said...

Oh hooray!! Someday (when I have a barn, or some shelter of some sort) I want sheep. And I already know I want shetlands.

Joansie said...

Terrific purchase! Can't wait to see those offspring.

That's why you didn't mind the mud. I stayed home.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Orion is a seriously handsome sheep!

gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

Nice souvenir! He's one handsome dude. I think i'd like festival shopping with you (and the ride home..heeehee)

Alison said...

Oh, congratulations! He's a very handsome fellow indeed; I look forward to many updates!

Winterhart said...

How handsome is he!! Love those curly horns too. Congratulations!

Cookie said...

What a handsome new edition! Congratulations!

Laurie said...

Wow. WOW! You don't do it by halves, do you?? Subaru sheep carrier. You really ought to write to the Subaru people for their magazine, and uses people put their Subarus through. Srsly.