Saturday, December 11, 2010

The scarf is a-blockin'

And mango's a-rockin'!

I finished (finished!!) the red scarf yesterday, and immediately soaked and blocked it. It's still drying, but I'm going to make the deadline, with time to spare!
Yee-haw!
I'll try to remember to get a pic before I package it up for OFA. (I forgot with last year's scarf...)

I love the color of wool I used - and I've got a sweater's-worth of it left over and a powerful yen for a red sweater. I'll set the bag next to the bag of teal wool that I'm going to use to assuage my powerful yen for a teal sweater... Of course, both of those bags are behind the bag of handspun Cotswold yarn (because I've already started a sweater with that), and the bin of Goldie yarn (which I'm dying to knit a sweater with.)

And that's just the sweaters. I may be getting a little behind...

5 comments:

Bobbie Wallace said...

A red Owls would be fabulous. Of course, so would a teal Owls. Just sayin'. ;)

My word verification is "weelman"; I wonder who he is? LOL!

Laurie said...

The story of our knitting lives! Deadlines! Packed queues! What WILL we do first?

Cookie said...

Don't forget the Niebling! ;^)

Beckyinvt said...

You know, I did the 12 sweaters in a year challenge in 2010. Assuming I can complete the yoke of the WIP before January I'll be able to say I SUCCESSFULLY completed the challenge too!

Anyway, it was actually a lot of fun and I kinda recommend it. It got me through a number of patterns I've wanted for awhile, helped with those sweater quantities in stash, and was all in all a very good time :-D

Bullwinkle said...

... hi ho the merry-oh,
to the post office we go.

(Hey, I may have finished knitting last week but I am not foolish enough to go the post office two Saturday's before Christmas. Today/lunch will do.)