Friday, December 24, 2010

I thought shoppers were crazed yesterday...

Today we had couples who never should have been shopping, let alone together, who were calling each other names in the aisles, and swearing at each other about whether Uncle Larry would be thrilled to get a foot massager for Christmas. And there were the guy teams - brothers or best buddies - who had waited till Christmas eve to go shopping, saying "Dude... I don't think that's such a good idea..." or "Dude... trust me, she'll love that" while holding up purple sequined whatchamacallits.
I won't even start on the wailing sugared-up children caroming off the endcaps and throwing screaming fits in the toy aisles.
Personally, I got rammed by shopping carts at least a dozen times today, with nary an 'Ooops, sorry.' All I was doing was trying to clean up the devastation our lovely customers had left in their wake.

Gee, I just love Christmas...

So, anyway.

To all you sane people out there:
Merry Christmas, happy holidays, and much happiness.

I have to get back to frosting the cookies...

3 comments:

Diane said...

So, um, are you working the after-Christmas sales? Because the crazies will be back then....

Laurie said...

Yikes. You have it worse than we do in Boston.

Bullwinkle said...

It's, uhm, over now ;)

well, except for after-Christmas sales and returns.

Enjoy today :) Eat a cookie.